Demand for technology-related jobs in Ghana is forecasted to reach 9 million by 2030 according to International Finance Corporation (IFC).This projection is based on the trajectory of progress the country has chalked in the last couple of years within its technology and educational sectors. With a vibrant telecommunications sector which has innovatively accelerated Internet connectivity and financial inclusion, especially in the past decade, the country is well-recognised as one of the most tech-savvy in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA).

In terms of education, the World Bank reports that presently about 18.6% of Ghanaians have had tertiary education. For example, in 2020 alone, there were 547 ,OOO students in tertiary institutions across the country. And for the 2022/2023 service year the National Service Scheme (NSS) deployed as much as 1 15,240 graduates. Potentially, majority of these graduates will enter the job market after 12 months, adding to the backlog of unemployed graduates. According to the Institute of Statistics, Social and Economic Research (ISSER) only 10 percent of graduates find jobs within the first year of completing their studies. For the remaining 90 percent, some may take as long as 10 years to eventually find decent employment.


Debates have always been rife as to whether the graduate unemployment situation in Ghana is occasioned by lack of job openings or a mismatch of skills in relation to the available jobs. It is in response to this quandary that the concept of a Tech Job Fair (TJF) was conceived and birthed in 2020. The main objective of the Fair has been to bring together companies looking for new talents, on one hand, and job seeking graduates on the other, to exhibit and fill up job openings through an innovative rapid recruitment process. The 2023 edition (following that of the previous year) will be held at the Accra International Conference Centre (AICC) on February 22, 2023 under the theme .

on catholic social values. In Ghana, AFOS is implementing a 3-year ICT Skills for Business Development Project called DigiCAPgh which aims at supporting skills development for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) with international and local partners in Ghana to create quality skills and employment opportunities for underprivileged individuals. The project is financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) via sequa, as part of the Special Initiative Partner Africa


Participation in the Fair for ICT-related companies is strictly by invitation based on track record in the tech industry. These companies will have access to a large pool of fresh talents seeking their very first job breakthroughs, as well as experienced professionals seeking to switch jobs or careers. What is significant is that job seekers will be screened through an online registration process to ensure high quality participation. It is also important to add that, beyond onsite participation at AICC, provision will be made for virtual participation. This is to ensure that as many companies and individuals that are interested would have the opportunity to participate in the Fair.


The Institute of ICT Professionals Ghana (IIPGH) is a professional association of experts and businesses in the ICT industry in Ghana and beyond. The Institute is a connector of ICT professionals from corporate organizations, educational institutions, start-ups, government institutions, development partners and civil society organizations to create a vibrant ICT ecosystem. IIPGH leads digital transformation initiatives through training sessions, workshops, seminars, fairs, forums among others to champion the development of new and emerging technologies for employment and general societal good



AFOS Foundation is a business-oriented and value-based foundation for international development cooperation. Represented in four countries since 2003, it promotes economic, social and environmental development based

happen online due to the COVID-19 pandemic and its related restrictions. TJF2022 was in four parts. The exhibition at the foyer of the conferenoe center, which started from 9 am till the end of the program at 4 pm; Parts l, Il, and Ill. The event had over 50 companies taking up booths and exhibiting their jobs, products, and services, and offered opportunities for event participants to have varied discussions related to these organizations. These companies also had the opportunity to engage peer organizations, network, and find related oppor tunities in the industry.