- The Business Development Officer develops monthly sales strategies for all products by identifying marketing opportunities through client requirements and research on the target market, taking note of competitors' share, and competitors' strengths and weaknesses.
- S/he evaluates monthly sales strategies, identifying pitfalls and re-strategizing to ensure effectiveness and continuous improvement of monthly strategies.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term sales forecasts, special reports, and analyses
- Identifies product improvements on all products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by establishing personal networks; and undertaking personal research to constantly improve on knowledge in the sector.
- Sustains rapport with clients by making periodic visits; maintaining relationships with key personnel, exploring specific needs; and anticipating new opportunities under the supervision of the Head of Marketing.
- Champions the brand internally, analyzes the brand’s current strategies, and highlights areas of conflicting messages that affect sales of the given product portfolio.
- Follows industry trends locally and internationally.
- Writes business proposals.